Simplex Buckingham No.3
Produced in the 21st century using techniques of ages past, the Simplex tea kettle from Newey & Bloomer is a masterful creation. From its base coil, designed for gas stoves, ensuring a rapid boil and superior heat retention, to its signature spout - each handmade Newey & Bloomer kettle is a work of art.
Manufacturing these wonderful pieces of history takes over a month in our Birmingham factory, but we take great pride in our heritage so be sure to look out for the bases, proudly stamped ‘Made in England’ as they have done since Newey & Bloomer first began making kettles in 1903.
Listen for its distinctive whistle and watch for the glimmer that is the mirror finished chrome-plated kettle exterior. The Buckingham No 3 by Newey & Bloomer will look gorgeous in any kitchen, is easy to maintain and will make the simplest thing (a cup of tea) a pleasure.
- All Simplex Kettles by Newey & Bloomer are 100% lead-free
- 100% Solid copper kettle body
- Luxurious chrome plated exterior
- Newey & Bloomer signature spout with centre seam, birds mouth spout, designed to give a perfect, even pour
- Whistles through the lid when water reaches boiling point
- "Stay cool:, hand turned solid beechwood handle
- Handmade in England by master copper artisans
- Traditional, authentic design that has been loved worldwide for generations
- Suitable for Gas stoves.
- 12 Month Warranty
- 100% copper body
- Chrome plating
- Solid brass embellishments (nuts and handle brackets)
- 100% tin lined
- Hand turned, beechwood handle
- Capacity - 1.7 liters or 1.9 quarts
- Width: 10"
- Depth: 8"
- Height: 10"
Newey & Bloomer Simplex tea kettles are all handmade and as such, overall dimensions may vary slightly from those shown above.
- Keep water level just below the centre seam
- Hand wash only and dry with a soft cloth
- Clean chrome kettles with a wet soapy cloth and polish with a dry cloth to bring back its shine
- Use filtered water, particularly in hard water areas
- Empty any left over water after boiling and wipe the inside dry to prevent calcium (limescale) build up
- Copper is an exceptional material in the kitchen and, when maintained properly, should give you many years of service
- Have the flame so high that it engulfs the coil and run up the side of the kettle
- Leave water in the kettle overnight
- Put your kettle in a dishwasher
- Let the Simplex tea kettle boil dry
- Clean with any acidic cleaning agents
- Scrub with steel wool or abrasive cleaning cloths/brushes or pads as this can lead to irreparable damage