Simplex Kensington No.1
The original whistling Simplex tea kettle by Newey & Bloomer - The Kensington - was first created in 1903 - and continues to be handcrafted in Birmingham, England using the same traditional hand-spinning techniques that were first used over 100 years ago.
Taking over a month to produce, each tea kettle is made from the highest grade copper. The Kensington No 1 Simplex tea kettle retains its natural beauty radiating warm, rich and opulent tones of highly-polished natural copper and will take centre stage in any kitchen.
Every Simplex kettle by Newey & Bloomer from the Kensington Collection is unique, proudly hallmarked with ‘Made in England’ and will whistle on boiling to let you know it’s time for tea!
The Kensington Simplex kettle is perfect for use on both gas and electric stoves, please note that these are not suitable for use on induction hobs without an induction hob adaptor.
- All Simplex Kettles by Newey & Bloomer are 100% lead-free
- 100% Solid copper kettle body
- Luxurious and warm polished copper exterior
- Newey & Bloomer signature spout with centre seam, birds mouth spout, designed to give a perfect, even pour
- Whistles through the lid when water reaches boiling point
- "Stay cool" hand turned solid beechwood handle
- Handmade in England by master copper artisans
- Traditional, authentic design that has been loves across the globe for generations
- Suitable for Gas and Electric stoves
- Not suitable on induction hobs without an induction hob adaptor
- 12 Month Warranty
- 100% copper body
- Solid brass embellishments (nuts and handle brackets)
- 100% tin lined
- Hand turned, beechwood handle
- Capacity - 1.7 liters or 1.9 quarts
- Width: 10"
- Depth: 8"
- Height: 9"
Newey & Bloomer Simplex tea kettles are all handmade and as such, overall dimensions may vary slightly from those shown above.
- Keep water level just below the centre seam
- Hand wash only and dry with a soft cloth
- Clean copper kettles with a good copper cleaner such as Brasso or Hagerty metal polish. Remember to polish the compound well, and do not allow it to build up around the handle and nuts
- Use filtered water, particularly in hard water areas
- Empty any left over water after boiling and wipe the inside dry to prevent calcium (limescale) build up
- Copper is an exceptional material in the kitchen and, when maintained properly, should give you many years of service
- Leave water in the kettle overnight
- Put your kettle in a dishwasher
- Let the Simplex tea kettle boil dry
- Clean with any acidic cleaning agents
- Scrub with steel wool or abrasive cleaning cloths/brushes or pads as this can lead to irreparable damage