Simplex Kensington No.3
It all began in 1903 when Newey & Bloomer produced the original whistling Simplex tea kettle. Not everything has to change over time and the same copper spinning techniques are still used today, a tribute to another time. Still handmade in England from the finest grade of copper – which is the best conductor of heat and ensures a faster boiling time and greater heat retention – the Kensington No 3 Simplex tea kettle has a hard-wearing, easy to maintain chrome-plated exterior will add a touch of class and elegance to any kitchen.
Every Kensington No 3 Simplex tea kettle is handmade and unique, be sure to listen for its distinctive and original trill and check yours for it's "Made in England" stamp. Purchase yours to share in our wonderful history.
The Kensington Simplex kettle is perfect for use on both gas and electric stoves, please note that these are not suitable for use on induction hobs without an induction hob adaptor.
- All Simplex Kettles by Newey & Bloomer are 100% lead-free
- 100% Solid copper kettle body
- Polished chrome plated exterior
- Newey & Bloomer signature spout with centre seam, birds mouth spout, designed to give a perfect, even pour
- Whistles through the lid when water reaches boiling point
- "Stay cool" hand turned solid beechwood handle
- Handmade in England by master copper artisans
- Traditional, authentic design that has been loves across the globe for generations
- Suitable for Gas and Electric stoves
- Not suitable on induction hobs without an induction hob adaptor
- 12 Month Warranty
- 100% copper body
- Solid brass embellishments (nuts and handle brackets)
- 100% tin lined
- Hand turned, beechwood handle
- Chrome exterior plating
- Capacity - 1.7 liters or 1.9 quarts
- Width: 10"
- Depth: 8"
- Height: 9"
Newey & Bloomer Simplex tea kettles are all handmade and as such, overall dimensions may vary slightly from those shown above.
- Keep water level just below the centre seam
- Hand wash only and dry with a soft cloth
- Clean chrome kettles with a wet soapy cloth and polish with a dry cloth to bring back its shine.
- Use filtered water, particularly in hard water areas
- Empty any left over water after boiling and wipe the inside dry to prevent calcium (limescale) build up
- Copper is an exceptional material in the kitchen and, when maintained properly, should give you many years of service
- Leave water in the kettle overnight
- Put your kettle in a dishwasher
- Let the Simplex tea kettle boil dry
- Clean with any acidic cleaning agents
- Scrub with steel wool or abrasive cleaning cloths/brushes or pads as this can lead to irreparable damage